Birdville ISD Scholarship Program
Birdville ISD in partnership with the Tarrant County College Foundation (TCCF)/Tarrant County College District (TCCD) have established an endowment scholarship program providing graduating seniors from any BISD high school an opportunity to receive financial assistance to cover the cost of tuition at TCCD. This partnership will ensure tuition costs up to 15 semester hours per semester for two consecutive semesters, initially, provided to each student who meets all eligibility criteria. The scholarship is available for two consecutive semesters, not including summer.
• Must be a graduating senior and have attended BISD schools for both junior and senior years. Students graduating early must have earned their credits for their junior and senior year at a BISD school.
• Must complete the admissions process for TCC, which includes:
Submitting an admissions application,
Submitting official high school transcript(s)
Completing testing requirement
Senior Checklist for TCC Attending New Student Group Advisement.
Must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application and complete the entire FAFSA process by the semester deadline. It is recommended that you submit the FAFSA by no later than April 15, 2016 to be sure the process is completed prior to the semester deadline. List TCC as one of the institutions to which enrollment is sought to determine eligibility. TCC's college code is #003626.
• Must enroll at TCC for a minimum of six (6) semester hours per semester.
• Must enroll at TCC during the first fall or spring semester immediately following graduation (except in cases of deferment due to active U.S. military service).
• Students must enroll in and successfully complete the STSC 0111 (Transition to College Success) their first semester at TCC. To successfully complete the course means to receive a passing grade of a C or higher. Students that are exempt or have met the TSI obligations are not required to complete STSC 0111.
• Student will be required to meet with their academic advisor a minimum of three times during the course of each semester.
• Student will be required to meet with their academic advisor before dropping any course(s).
• Students who receive other forms of financial assistance provided through TCC for less than $780 per semester may utilize the BISD scholarship program for the difference (partial payment by the BISD scholarship.)
• Students receiving less than $780 per semester from federal/state funding may receive the difference between the federal/state funding amount and $780, depending on the number of credit hours in which the student is enrolled.
• Recipients will receive a second semester scholarship if a minimum GPA of 2.5 is achieved in the first semester, a minimum of 6 semester hours are completed, the student completed and passed the STSC 0111 course and fulfilled the requirements of meeting with their academic advisor during the first semester.
• Complete the FAFSA application and list TCC as one of the institutions to which enrollment is sought
• Submit any additional paperwork, if requested by the Financial Aid Office
• CRITICAL: Check TCC email account often as requests for additional paperwork and notices will be sent via email.
• Receive an award letter from TCC. You may check the status of your application at any time through aid status and notices.
Up to 15 hours of tuition per semester. This scholarship covers tuition costs only.
This program is available for two consecutive semesters per student and is only available for the fall and spring semesters.
After reviewing all the information, if you still have questions or concerns your may call Rhonda Seyfried at TCC (817) 515-5277 or you may email her at email@example.com